にほんブログ村 旅行ブログ ヨーロッパ旅行へ Somewhere but Here: Driving west coast of France - Part 3

Monday 30 July 2007

Driving west coast of France - Part 3

Abbeye de Villeneuve


In Europe, it is difficult to book the hotel in weekday than weekend. Hotel fee is also more expensive in weekday than in weekend.
Normally, I book a hotel in centre of Nantes city. But this time I could not get it. All Hotels I know were fully booked!


Then I serched through web site and booked a hotel called “Abbeye de Villeneuve” that was located in the small village called Villeneuve.



After completing my work of the day, I drove to that hotel from centre of Nantes. The landscape was changing from that of city centre to that of residence area, then…that of country side, that means I drove through the vast vineyard.
I had a feeling that I was lost.

However, finally I found very small sign of the hotel on a narrow road through vineyard. The car turned into narrower private road from there.
Arriving at the site, I found that the hotel had been converted from monastery as they named.


Only 10km away from the city centre, it looks like the most suitable site to spend the weekend. However, I worried that it was suitable for staying a business person….Do they have internet facility?

Anyway, I checked in the hotel and hotel clerk gave me a very big old-styled key. Oh I felt I slipped to 100 years ago…








Fortunately, the hotel provides wireless LAN system for the guest, thanks god.

This hotel is opened up not only accommodation but also meeting venue for business persons. Many business persons who wear business suites were gathering this place. It surprised me.

There was no choice to have a dinner outside of hotel. I took the dinner in hotel. The hotel offered very nice fish meal with dry white wine (Muscadet).







In addition, they offered real fois-grois! I had tasted canned fois grois several times but this was the first time for me to have real one. The real one is rich in taste and not oily.







That was very good!!

No comments: