にほんブログ村 旅行ブログ ヨーロッパ旅行へ Somewhere but Here: Driving west coast of France - Part 7

Monday 6 August 2007

Driving west coast of France - Part 7

Carcassonne


After enjoying Bordeaux wine, I visited one of famous castle city called “Carcassonne”.
The city is located closed to Pyrenees. Historically this place was front against Arabs in mediaeval era.

I park the outside of the city and walked into the city. When I came the stone bridge crossing the river, I stunned to magnificent view of castle. It was really beautiful.

From the stone bridge, it took another 15 minutes walk to enter into inside of castle wall. Outside the castle, the street is very quiet; a dog laid down and yawned in front of café.

However, once you go inside the castle, you can find many souvenir shops and restaurants. And a lot of tourists with sun glasses are walking to and fro.
It makes me feel all people in the town get together inside of the wall.

Some hotels are also located inside of castle wall. They have to park the car outside and have to carry their heavy baggage to the hotel.

Inside the castle, shutting out from passionate atmosphere of outside, the space is very cool. You can smell musty stone. It leads me to feel I were in medieval era.
Stone can remember everything…

The view from castle is marvellous. A cluster of pinkish rooftops fade away to the greenish horizon.

After breathing the medieval air deeply, I returned to my home in Barcelona.
Fin

No comments: