にほんブログ村 旅行ブログ ヨーロッパ旅行へ Somewhere but Here: Do not ask me about golf!

Monday 30 April 2007

Do not ask me about golf!

Oh, yes, I know golf, I know what it is...

As far as I know, it is one of sports.

But for Japanese business person who works overseas, it might have different meanings.

Every single Japanese business persons working here ask me whether I play golf or not, at the first time.
There was no exception.
I have never come across the people who did not ask me that question.
This question looked like very important for Japanese villager.


I answer the question.

“I do not play golf, neither in the past, nor in the future.”

Then, they ask me “WHY”.

“WHY??” “Why do they ask me why?, do you need any reason why you like red color, or why you do not like snake?”

And what makes me annoying is, they look at me as if I am first leveled disable person when they recognized I do not play golf.


Hey, Japs!! Do not discriminate me just because I do not play golf!!

No comments: